Gallery in the Garden (Birtle)
July 14, 2012
Meet artists at work and soak in their creativity. Art will be displayed in fabulous inspiring gardens. Choose from a variety of adult and youth workshops. Sign up early!
Birtle's Community Gardens and Greenspaces (Birtle)
1. The Memory Garden at the corner of Main and 7th has hardy roses and lilies dedicated to loved ones planted around old Town Hall bell)
2. Brian Salmon Memorial Garden located across the street from the Memory Garden (aromatic flowering shrubs provide colour all season and hardy perennials with a splash of annuals make this the perfect rest stop)
3. Walker Park and The Spring - this park is located at the corner of 7th St. and St. Clare Street. Behind the picket fence and surrounding the Red River Cart are here heritage fruiting shrubs and perennials which enhance this historic location.
4. The Birtle Arboretum is just over the Centre Street Bridge and turn to the east to find a variety of hardy trees each with a label with information on each variety found on the kiosk.
Private Gardens (Birtle)
1. Val's Garden: (http://gardenswestmb.cimnet.ca/cim/64C424_692T29976.dhtm#CT30014) Four acres of lawns and gardens including Mediterranean, Japanese, wildflower, peony, herb, sunken rose garden and perennial borders. This garden was featured on the front of June/July 2004 issue of Gardening Life magazine.
2. Heavenscape Garden: (http://gardenswestmb.cimnet.ca/cim/64C424_692T29976.dhtm#CT30058) Cottage garden, large rock garden and perennial beds on hilltop with fabulous views of the Birdtail Valley.
3. The Secret Garden: (http://gardenswestmb.cimnet.ca/cim/64C424_692T29976.dhtm#CT30031) An Elizabeth garden of symmetrical beds interlaced with brick pathways is hidden in a shady corner of century old grounds. Bed & Breakfast. Please note the tea room is not open.
Anchorage Gardens (Boissevain)
Pick a date from the scheduled tours during July and August of an elegant landmark yard located 1 ½ miles west of the junction of Hwy #10 and #3. Handcrafted metal sculptures, recycled agricultural materials, beautiful arbours, breath-taking paths and perennial gardens.
- 4:00 p.m. start time
- by appointment only
- groups only - minimum group of 4 people
- each tour is 2 hours in duration
- $5.00 donation welcome
Tour dates for 2011:
Thursdays - August 4, 11, 18, 25
Fridays - August 5, 12, 19, 26
Eleanor Kidd Gardens (Brandon)
The Gardens offer a beautiful setting for everyone to relax and enjoy the scenic Assiniboine River Corridor. Features of the Gardens include a Performance Plaza that has a small stage and seating area for community arts performances, a Fountain Plaza with a life-sized bronze sculpture by Peter Sawatzky, and numerous varieties of trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials.
International Peace Garden (International Peace Garden)
**Visiting the International Peace Garden does constitute
exiting Canada. When travelling to the International Peace Garden, while not
mandatory, a passport is the preferred form of identification to expedite your
processing when re-entering Canada.**
Come taste, touch, hear, see and smell all this Botanical Garden encompasses 45 minutes south of Brandon. Thousands of visitors flock annually to the International Peace Garden.
Envision a 150,000 fragrant flower garden, crackling camp fires, music festivals, Antique Car Shows, weekly family events, bird watching, scenic bike & hiking trails, tasty picnics, and dining at the Peace Garden Café or weekly Sunday Buffets. Hear the faint echo of the Carillon Bells while capturing the panoramic view of Formal Garden’s Peace Tower, Peace Chapel, 911 Memorial, Carillon Bell Tower, terraces, water features and many floral designs.
The International Peace Garden - You're vacation spot or one day stop!!!
Manson Memorial (Manson)
Located South-East of McAuley in the village of Manson, the Memorial Garden is overflowing with beautiful blooms. It really is something to see, you will quickly appreciate the time and devotion put into this floral masterpiece. The love of gardening and the appreciation of life is all around you at the Manson Memorial Garden.