13th Annual Tribute to Tourism Awards & Gala
Tourism Westman is pleased to announce that the 13th Annual Tribute to Tourism Awards Gala held on June 1, 2016 at the Carberry Community Hall in Carberry, MB was a huge success. This special evening recognized and celebrated the exceptional individuals, businesses, organizations and communities within the Westman region that have made significant contributions to tourism development and promotion over the past year.
The evening included a lovely meal, entertainment by Chris Funk the Wonderist and of course, the Awards Ceremony, led by RJ Lilley, radio personality at 880CKLQ.
Tourism Westman President, Liza Park
Master of Ceremonies for the evening & 880CKLQ Radio Personality, RJ Lilley
Mayor Stuart Olmstead, Town of Carberry
Entertainment, Chris Funk the Wonderist
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS goes out to the 28 nominees!
- Tommy Turlte (Boissevain)
- Vern May (Minnedosa)
- Melita Banana Days
- Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba
- Steve & Buffy Cancade, Woodfire Deli/Par West Drive-In (Souris)
- Nikita Shaurette, Shuttle Bug Charter & Tour Services (Onanole)
- Heritage Co-op Gas Bar (Minnedosa)
- Carberry Ag Society Fair & Races
- Judy Wells (Deloraine)
- Garry Jones (Rapid City)
- Darryl Holyk (Minnedosa)
- Averill Whitfield (Souris)
- Jordan Hale (Souris)
- Lisa Buchanan (Minnedosa)
- Lake Metigoshe Improvement Association & Deloraine-Winchester
- Rockin' the Fields of Minnedosa
- Boissevain-Morton Farmer's Market
- Corner Pocket Publishing (Melita)
- Melita Banana Days
- Crusin for Ca$h (Deloraine)
- Safeway Provincial Men's Championship (Brandon)
- Pelican Lake Healthy Water & Fish Committee Annual Ice Fishing Derby (Ninette)
- Carberry Men's & Ladies McCain Curling Classic Bonspiel
- Boissevain-Morton Canada Day Celebration
- Miniota Shirtsleeve Classic Bonspiel
- Canadian Interunitversity Sport Women's Volleyball Championship (Brandon)
- Minnedosa Fun Fest
- Grim Acres Scare Away Cancer (Kemnay)
*Click on the '2016 Award Winners' link at top left of page to view this year's winners.
Aspiring Youth - This tribute is presented to an individual under the age of 29 years in their capacity as a volunteer, employee, or entrepreneur.
Event of the Year - This tribute is presented to a hallmark festival or event that creates substantial economic impact within the local community, attracts visitors from outside the region/province/country, generates regional/national media attention and positively promotes Southwest Manitoba.
Marketing Excellence - This tribute recognizes a business, organization, event, or attraction that has developed an effective marketing campaign that increases tourism to Southwest Manitoba.
Partnership - This tribute is presented to an alliance of local businesses and/or organizations and/or communities that have partnered together to promote tourism for a particular area.
Service Excellence - This tribute is presented to a business or organization for the delivery of exemplary service and enhancement of visitor experiences as demonstrated through a high degree of visitor satisfaction.
Volunteer of the Year - This tribute is presented to a volunteer (a person who has not received payment) who has demonstrated an outstanding effort in a tourism activity.
Thank you to our 2016 Gala Sponsors!